If you are lucky enough to enjoy cherished holiday memories or are about to embark on the trip of a lifetime, you could put pen to paper to share your experiences with other travellers. Write a descriptive article entitled ‘hidden gems’ and you could win one of the fantastic prizes described below. Your article should shine a light on an aspect of your trip that you feel is deserving of a wider audience. Have you discovered an idyllic spot that provided unexpected pleasure? Have you been on a tour that illuminated your knowledge of an area? Have you taken part in an activity that was the highlight of your time away?
If you have, your brief is to compose a piece of up to 500 words that will convince every reader that they too want to be where you were! To make sure that your entry stands out from the crowd, you are welcome to include a photo that illustrates your magical experience.
If you can write an inspirational and expressive piece that paints a vivid and enthralling picture with words, you could be picked as one of the three winners of our competition and be rewarded with one of these fantastic prizes that have been carefully chosen to enhance any future travelling that you are lucky enough to do:
A versatile and highly portable sleek black Kindle – the smallest, lightest and now even faster e-reader, will be a great space saver and source of entertainment on your travels. Here are some of its best bits:
– Holds up to 1, 400 books – take your library wherever you go.
– 15% faster page turns and new darker, hand-tuned fonts for easier reading
– Download books in 60 seconds with built-in Wi-Fi from a massive book selection
– No battery anxiety – read for up to one month on a single charge
An attractive, sturdy and easy-to-operate Coolpix L25 digital camera, which is clever with images – so you don’t have to be. This portable and versatile camera will be sure to capture some brilliant shots on your next big trip. Here are some of its key clever features:
– NIKKOR 5x wide-angle optical zoom lens (28-140mm equivalent) – great for both group shots and close-ups, offering superb precision and sharp resolution
– The large 7.5cm (3”)LCD screen offers clear shooting and playback
– Anti-Blur function – Vibration Reduction (eVR) reduces the effect of camera shake High ISO (up to 1600) light sensitivity for sharper images in low light
– Motion Detection compensates for blur from subject movement
– Best Shot Selector (BSS) selects the sharpest of up to 10 automatically taken sequential shots
An indispensable and lightweight black Kubik Evo 8GB MP3 Player with Radio and Expandable Micro/SD/SDHC Slot. This discreet and compact mobile entertainment system is bound to be an asset on any journey at home or abroad. Here is what makes it so good:
– Crystal clear music with Microsoft PlayFX Sound Enhancement – plays MP3, WMA, FLAC
– Expandable microSD or microSDHC memory card slot
– Ultra low power consumption – up to 20 hours playtime from a single charge
– View your music collection either by Artist, Album, Song or use the Explorer function to access the player’s drive and view folders/albums as uploaded by the user
– 1.8 inch LCD Display – view photos, videos, e-books and more
If you’d like to enter, please do so by the 28th of February 2013 using the entry form below. Before entering, please read the terms and conditions at the bottom of the entry form and get in touch if you have any queries.