We all have them, don’t we? We’ve meticulously corralled the family for a momentous group shot, and the envisaged picture of family holiday togetherness hasn’t quite gone to plan….
The shot may have been photobombed by a hostile seagull, a coconut could have fallen off a background palm tree at exactly the wrong moment or one of the children could have hijacked the shot with one of the high-jinks that children are apt to pull out of their bag of tricks!
Often, the result is highly amusing and much more memorable and entertaining than the originally envisaged portrait would ever have been, and you can have great fun sharing it with friends and family.
Sometimes, photos and videos are the perfect ad-hoc way to capture a funny situation or image that has presented itself, and it is lovely to preserve the image to look back on and enjoy. Recently, my kids had great fun looking at amusing photos of themselves from a family holiday a few years ago, seeing how they had grown, and marvelling that the child in the photo whose chin is caked in baby food, is really them!
Here are some example shots from our family archives, to give you some inspiration:
We’d love to share your funny holiday photos or videos with a wider audience, and also give you the chance to win a great prize:
First Prize – A Panasonic Lumix DMC – FT25 EB compact camera
This ultra-wide angle camera is extremely versatile and built to withstand the elements as you seek out that perfect photo!
– It is waterproof to 7 metres
– Shockproof to 1.5 metres
– HD video
Two Runners-Up prizes – A £20 voucher for Snapfish
– Use your voucher to get your holiday photos printed, or choose from a wide range of photo gifts and mementoes, such as photo books, mugs, posters or canvas prints – the choice is yours!
To provide you with further inspiration, here is a video from a family holiday in Taiwan, where our young bowling enthusiast, learns that life can sometimes be incredibly frustrating – especially after all of the mental preparation that precedes his epic lack of timing!
**Entries Now Closed**
Here is a link to a story about a man who was attacked by a squirrel after taking an innocuous selfie with the seemingly harmless creature, and a gallery of other photobombs, which may also prompt you to remember that photo, which always guarantees a laugh, or at least a second look!
All you have to do to enter is to upload your photo or video, with accompanying caption, here by the deadline of midnight on Sunday August 31st 2014.
Our judging panel will decide the winners, after considering their favourite photo/video and accompanying caption. This is not a voting competition.
Terms and Conditions:
- You can enter as many photos or videos as you wish.
- The content of the photos/videos must not be offensive, and must be suitable for a family audience.
- You must be a UK resident over the age of 18, who has a UK postal address, you must not be an employee or related to an employee of Go Walkabout Travel Insurance.
- All entries submitted must be the work of the individual submitting. It is the responsibility of each entrant to ensure that any images they submit have been taken with the permission of the subject and do not infringe the copyright of any third party or laws. Entrants must warrant that the photograph/video they are submitting is their own work and that they own the copyright for it.
- The prizes as described are available on the date of competition launch. All prizes are non-transferable and there are no cash alternatives. If the prizes are unavailable when the competition closes, then prizes of equal monetary value will be awarded.
- Copyright in all images submitted for this competition remains with the respective entrants. However, by entering our competition, you thereby grant permission for Go Walkabout Travel Insurance to feature your submitted image in any of our publications/websites/social media and/or in any promotional material connected to this competition.
So that everyone can see the photos and videos that get sent in, we will have an album pinned to the top of our Facebook Page. Feel free to like and share photos and videos, but remember that our winners are chosen by an independent panel of judges, not by voting.
If you are trying to upload a video larger than the 25mb file size limit then email us at email@example.com and we’ll provide an alternative method of sending it across.
**Entries Now Closed**
If you want to be covered for mishaps other than a holiday photo fail, then Go Walkabout would love to provide you with comprehensive travel insurance for upcoming trips. To get a holiday-budget-boosting 10% off any of our policies, please ‘like’ our Facebook Page’ and you can access a special discount code.
Since 1999 Go Walkabout have been offering great value travel insurance to a wide range of travellers. Visit our home page now to find out more about our products and services including one way insurance, annual multi trip travel insurance, backpacker insurance and long term travel insurance for over 60s.