Thanks to everyone who entered our competition – we are now making a shortlist for the judges to pick our winning entries, and we’ll also be picking at random, 20 entrants to receive a Go Walkabout Luggage tag – the results will soon be published both here and on social media, soon!
To celebrate the launch of our new ‘Refer a Friend’ rewards program, we are delighted to announce our ‘It’s Good To Share’ travel photo competition. We would love you to enter a travel photo/video (or more than one) to share with a wider audience of fellow travel enthusiasts – perhaps it’s a photo of a lesser-known -but-amazing destination, an unusual sporting or cultural activity or just an outstandingly good view, that you think deserves to be seen, appreciated and potentially, added to the bucket-list!
The competition will run until 31st December 2018, and our 4 winning entries will be chosen by a panel of judges, who’ll be looking at both the quality and appeal of the photo that has been submitted, and the helpfulness and eloquence of the caption that you’ve provided. You can enter as many times as you like, and share some special moments from your travels – to inspire and enthuse others, and share the thrill of new discoveries and experiences that are all part of the joys of travel.
There are 4 main prizes, as shown in the image above, and detailed below, and 20 lucky entrants will also be selected at random to receive a useful and colourful Go Walkabout luggage tag, so you can travel in style! :
1st Prize – A Fuji Finepix XP120 outdoor camera (sky-blue) – This rugged, waterproof camera is ideal for your travel adventures, as it is waterproof, shockproof and freezeproof – See more details here.
2 x 2nd Prizes – A WASPcam 9907 4k Action Camera (black) – This all-terrain camera allows you to shoot in 4K, shoot a timelapse video & take crystal clear photos. See more details here.
3rd Prize – A Nokia 3310 16MB UK Sim-free mobilephone(dark blue) This retro phone will be a nostalgic talking point – and even comes with the iconic ‘Snake’ game pre-loaded! See more details here.
Enter your photo or video (one per form) : Click here
Make sure that you Like our Facebook page, Follow us on Twitter and also on Instagram, to get news of competition updates and to see our pick of the competition entries that we post on our social media accounts.
If you’re lucky enough to have future exciting travel plans lined up, take a look at our website to see which of our great-value highly-rated policies would be perfect for you. If you do take out one of our policies, you’re eligible to be rewarded for recommending us to a friend, family member (or anyone you know), who then goes on to buy a policy with us too, through the ‘Refer a Friend’ scheme. It’s mutually beneficial, as both you and your friend will reap their just reward (they get a discount off the cost of the policy, and you get an Amazon voucher) for helping to spread the word about Go Walkabout!
Introducing our first competition Judge!
Tall Girl Travelling is a relative newcomer to the world of blogging, but we’re already enjoying her colourful, quirky photos and travel insights from her latest life-embracing adventures. She’s currently enjoying all that Portugal has to offer, and has big plans for the next destinations on her itinerary. Make sure that you ‘Like’ her page on Facebook and follow her on Instagram. Proud to be a tall female exploring the globe!
Our second judge Kathy Kiley is a keen amateur photographer and member of Battle Photographic Society
Here are the important Terms & Conditions of the competition:
– You can enter as many photos or videos as you wish.
– The content of the photos or videos must not be offensive and must be suitable for a family audience.
– You must be a UK resident over the age of 18, who has a UK postal address and you must not be an employee or related to an employee of Go Walkabout Travel Insurance.
– All entries submitted must be the work of the individual submitting. It is the responsibility of each entrant to ensure that any images they submit have been taken with the permission of the subject, and do not infringe the copyright of any third party or laws. Entrants must warrant that the photograph/video they are submitting is their own work and that they own the copyright for it.
– The prizes as described are available on the date of competition launch. All prizes are non-transferable and there are no cash alternatives.
– Copyright in all images submitted for this competition remains with the respective entrants. However, by entering our competition, you thereby grant permission for Go Walkabout Travel Insurance to feature your submitted image in any of our publications/websites/social media and/or in any promotional material connected to this competition.
– The closing date for the competition is 31st December. The winners will be contacted shortly after this, and the results published on our website, and on social media.